Leupold Scopes???

I am the gunsmith who recommended the Meopta over the Leupold. I do not carry any stock of scopes as there has always been ample time to order whatever the customer decided to fit by way of accessories. (It gives them something to think about and diverts attention away from the waiting list.) The main reason why I am partial to certain makes is this:

"I have had problems with a couple of Leupolds, but they have a lifetime warranty and Leupold will fix about anything for free."

"Only once did one let me down. It was a VX-III 3-9 and the ajustments weren't working."

"will probably not buy another leupold rifle scope..We do a lot of night shooting, and I wouldn't be caught out with a dim scope.."

"I think Leupold has been experiencing some bad years, because the quality the last couple years has been less than what I'm accustomed to.."

"As for my leupold....Well i have to admit it cost me a shot on a Fallow Doe on the edge of dark.I could see her OK with the Zeiss bino`s, but not the scope and therefore was not comfortable with the shot.I am certain had my Meopta been there i would have been fine."

Out here in S.Africa, returning a scope, or any other piece of equipment, to anywhere in the world for free repairs is not an option. I favour equipment that 25 years of gunsmithing has proven to me to be robust and least likely to go wrong in the first place.

I used to be taken to task for not wanting to work on CZ75 pistols made after about the mid nineties. The last one that I let into the shop had a broken slide stop and, after I fixed it, the screw inside the frame holding down the trigger disconnector came loose. Never touched it but got blamed for the failure anyway.

Now the thread is even more hijacked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I saw the same in the CZ 75's, pree 95 ish they where realy good, there after niggly little faults and not as nice a finnish.
Meoptas are looking to be an option for a budget minded guy these days,
also a good option is the Hungarian line of S&B scopes, they are a fair bit cheaper than the German made ones but are realy good quality,,
what do you say Nowler?
Pete

Hello from CZ land,

Meopta are a very good value for money hunting scope, but a bit lacking in the tactical department. Military ZD`s are not really cutting edge but tough, they survive on 50bmg Falcons.

On to the important stuff, women with checks are always nice, Czech women with checks are exceptionaly nice. The truth as a mate once described it is that Czech`s have their fair share of ugly women, but more than their fair share of very good looking ones. Now what ever you make think of the "Iron Curtain" it did a bloody job of keeping womens liberation out.

Cz75, I like them alot, about 1000 times better than a *** Walther P99 that I also have - plastic crap.

David.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.