Leupold Scope Warranty Service

Roughrice

Well... I had a VX-5HD that went wacky so sent it to Leupold for repair.
They immediately sent back an RMA number to return for repair.
Upon arrival I received an email saying expect 8 weeks for the repair or reply.

Not throwing rocks!... Understand this!...I'm completely OK with that if they repair or replace it since it's not needed for some time and I know Leupold will stand behind their product!

Anyhow... I'm wandering what your service times have been with Leupold.
I have a couple of friends who have sent scopes back and had communication with Leupold CS or returned within 2 weeks.
I guess times have changed with everything and this should come as no surprise.

Just curious...
Thanks

I have had 1 Leupold scopes go bad in all my years of using them but when you hear how it got damaged you will understand.
Hunting Colorado with friends in the early 1980's and walked on a high mountain side.Walked to the edge to look over the side and didn't know the bank was undercut from weather from the north west.The bank broke free and I fell with my rifle/Leupold VX3 along for the long ride down the side of the mountain.I slid for eternity and finally got to the bottom with my rifle about 20 feet from me and it had hit a bolder and bent the front bell.
At camp I test fired the rifle and it still was dead on at 100 yards and took a nice muley on the trip.
Called Leupold and they said to send it in.I included the story about how it happened.Got a brand new scope in 2 weeks.My story was printed in Leupold sells adds.

My former career afforded me the opportunity to have as many as 200+ Leupold optics under my control at one time. I do not say this to brag, but the only guys who have seen more failures of their products is their own customer service.😳 Their customer service and representatives have been really easy to deal with, was actually on a first name basis with a few. Normally I would have a scope (rifle or spotter) back within a few weeks. In the past 15 years I've had two of my personal rifle scopes crap the bed within a week of leaving for out of state elk hunts. Both times they overnighted me scopes, one a loaner. The other half dozen times I sent in personal scopes the turn around was pretty fast, 2-3 weeks.
My last dealings was earlier this year:
I sent back an upper end scope that wouldn't hold zero when I returned from an elk hunt. Took over a month (probably closer to two) once they received it, and that was with one of their tactical reps pushing it through.
Same thing with my buddy's new VX5 he got for Christmas. When in the process of checking function/mounting/zeroing, one of the turrets literally fell off guts and all. He received a new one.

Not throwing rocks!... Understand this!...I'm completely OK with that if they repair or replace it since it's not needed for some time and I know Leupold will stand behind their product!

I have a couple of friends who have sent scopes back and had communication with Leupold CS or returned within 2 weeks.

Just curious...
Thanks
I've sent several scopes to Leupold for repairs or service. They routinely send me an estimate of when to expect my scope work to be completed. On most occasions, the scope has been returned, work complete, before their time estimate. I've always been happy with the quality of Leupold's work. -Ed

My former career afforded me the opportunity to have as many as 200+ Leupold optics under my control at one time. I do not say this to brag, but the only guys who have seen more failures of their products is their own customer service.😳 Their customer service and representatives have been really easy to deal with, was actually on a first name basis with a few. Normally I would have a scope (rifle or spotter) back within a few weeks. In the past 15 years I've had two of my personal rifle scopes crap the bed within a week of leaving for out of state elk hunts. Both times they overnighted me scopes, one a loaner. The other half dozen times I sent in personal scopes the turn around was pretty fast, 2-3 weeks.
My last dealings was earlier this year:
I sent back an upper end scope that wouldn't hold zero when I returned from an elk hunt. Took over a month (probably closer to two) once they received it, and that was with one of their tactical reps pushing it through.
Same thing with my buddy's new VX5 he got for Christmas. When in the process of checking function/mounting/zeroing, one of the turrets literally fell off guts and all. He received a new one.
Just another story that confirms my choice to switch to exclusively Nightforce.

I sent one in last December. The elevation turret popped off. They said 8 weeks, it took about 12 weeks from when they received it to when they shipped it back. It came back and wouldn't hold zero. Sent it back again, they said 8 weeks, they shipped it back right around 10 weeks after they got it and I'm supposed to have it tomorrow.

I sent 2 others in that wouldn't hold zero over the last few years. They were closer to their estimates with them.

I sent one in last December. The elevation turret popped off. They said 8 weeks, it took about 12 weeks from when they received it to when they shipped it back. It came back and wouldn't hold zero. Sent it back again, they said 8 weeks, they shipped it back right around 10 weeks after they got it and I'm supposed to have it tomorrow.

I sent 2 others in that wouldn't hold zero over the last few years. They were closer to their estimates with them.
Geez. That sucks.

Just curious...
Thanks
I have very good experiences with Leupold repair services. That's an expensive scope, I,m sure it will return as new! Regards, D.

Recent Posts