Leupold Reticle Recommendations

Roger21

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations for reticle for a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 to mount on a 300 win mag (Duplex, Windplex, HTMR, Illum FireDot Duplex, Boone & Crocket, Impact -29 MOA. I'm only looking for hunting purposes (elk) and anticipate a variety of shooting ranges from up close out to 400-500 yards. As someone that grew up on simple cross hairs, I'd appreciate and thoughts on which reticles may be most beneficial for hunting. While the CDS sounds nice, I can imagine there may not always be time to dial in the range. Thanks to anyone for taking the time to respond.

Roger.

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations for reticle for a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 to mount on a 300 win mag (Duplex, Windplex, HTMR, Illum FireDot Duplex, Boone & Crocket, Impact -29 MOA. I'm only looking for hunting purposes (elk) and anticipate a variety of shooting ranges from up close out to 400-500 yards. As someone that grew up on simple cross hairs, I'd appreciate and thoughts on which reticles may be most beneficial for hunting. While the CDS sounds nice, I can imagine there may not always be time to dial in the range. Thanks to anyone for taking the time to respond.

Roger.
From me I like the duplex or fire dot. I have sent one in to there custom shop and had a varmint hunter put in that I really like. In my area 500 yard shot is a long ways and probably on the neighbors if that far!!!

Hello all,

Roger.
Vortex bdc

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.