Leupold Mark 4

Hicks

For those who have one, what do you like about it, what don't you like? I'm considering that as an option, 6.5 -20 with the M1 turrets, for a buil.. I also am considering a Zeiss 6.5 - 20. I have both brands, but not those particular models. For me, growing up, Leupold was what I always dreamed about. I have two 6.5 - 20 vari-x III and love them. Thoughts?

Hicks

For those who have one, what do you like about it, what don't you like? I'm considering that as an option, 6.5 -20 with the M1 turrets, for a buil.. I also am considering a Zeiss 6.5 - 20. I have both brands, but not those particular models. For me, growing up, Leupold was what I always dreamed about. I have two 6.5 - 20 vari-x III and love them. Thoughts?

Hicks

I have nothing but praise for the Mark 4 .It has all the features I like at a price I can afford

And they appear to be very tough. (I have a 4,5x14x50 on my 50 BMG, a 6,5x20x50 on my
338 and a 8x25x50 on a 7mm Ultra Mag and they all perform flawlessly.

J E CUSTOM

+1 I also have the leupold mark 4 6.5-20 50mm on a 300 win mag and I feel that for the money that is the best scope. I is clear, bright optics, it has the TMR reticle illuminated. I have compared it side by side to a Zeiss conquest and prefer the leupold.

The Zeiss clearly has better glass.I would also trust the adjustments more so on the Zeiss. I would get the zeiss 6.5-20x50.

Last edited:

Hicks

I have the VXIII with the M1 turret mainly liked the fine duplex retical for my long shots I have been told the VXIII has more adjustment not sure.
I know it is a cheaper scope in the leapold line but it has been flawless for me.

I have a Mark 4 LR/T w/ M3 turrets, I really like the reticle , the crosshairs seen very fine, and the glass is very clear. I've had NO problems w/ returning to zero. Last time out I shot at 100 for a while, them moved over to 400, then back to 100. I noticed no change in my zero.

I actually have both scopes, the Conquest is a 6.5-20x50 and the Mark 4 a 8.5-25x50. I am very happy with both and I don't think you could go wrong with either. I like the looks, turrets, and the TMR reticle of the M4 better than the Zeiss. The Ziess is a mil-dot reticle. The Zeiss may be brighter but only slightly, not as much difference in my opinion as others have indicated. Don't take this as I don't like the Zeiss because I love it too, there are just a few features I like on the Leupold better. The M4 does seem to feel a little tougher, whether it is or not I don't know. I highly doubt you would ever have a problem with either or would you make a shot with one you wouldn't with the other. So basically get the one you get the best deal on and you'll be happy.

I just put a 6.5-20 with M1 turrets on my .338 Lapua. I wouldn't condider anything but a Leupold now. I am going to buy an 8.5-25 on my .308 tacticle setup next.

I have a Mark 4 4.5-14X50mm M1 Turrets. I really like the scope. I think that the glass is great, the adjustments have been good to me out to 1k and they are tough. I dont have any experience with the Ziess. I think the only other thing i would get over the Mark 4 is the nightforce but it is more $$$.

My mil/mil version, ffp, was as much as a NF. I bought it because it was 10 oz. lighter, if weight was closer probably went NF. I really like the small space at cross hair, I can aim at bullet holes

Just picked up an 8.5-25 and not to fond of the eye relief. Might be getting rid of it. Maybe just more time behind it. Only Mounted it and got 10 shots threw it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.