Leupold Mark 4

Nomosendero

I can get a new Mark 4 Long Range Tact. M1 for $750.00. I see a lot of Leupold Bashing of late, in seems to be in waves, I see the same right now concerning Vortex.
The scope does not have Zero Stop, and I would prefer capped windage but I hear the clicks are good
and I like the TMR Reticle.
1. So, is this a good and reliable scope these days?
2. Are there better scopes (4.5x14) available for $750.00?
Thanks

I think for the money, the mark 4 is a bargain . Midway has some of the mark 4s on sale for hundreds less than normal. I just bought one and it is everything I thought it would be.

There is also a reason they have such a good warranty in my mind, I have never had to send one back.

J E CUSTOM

I like the TMR reticle too. Be aware that there are a few different series of turrets for that scope - M5 are the only ones in mil. They look kinda like the M1 (1/4moa) turrets. M2 and M3 are a different style and are 1/2moa and 1moa graduated, respectively.

Personally I would look hard at a Zeiss V4 for similar price (I PM's you a link)

These are 1/4moa, the ones I would prefer.
Thanks
The things some people don't like is the turrets are in MOA but the TMR is in Mils. So, kinda have to deal with both, if you want to use the TMR for holdovers. The M5 turret is in Mils. Maybe not a major deal.

That said, I feel the scopes are a super good value. I've bought a few. The last ones were with the M5 turrets so mil/mil.

Mark 4s r great scopes
Matching turret and reticle would be ideal but even without they're still solid

I've still got a couple mark 4s. At one time many moons ago they were close to top of the line. Nowadays they are still a fine scope but not as reliable as the nf nxs series I've found. I've had inconsistent tracking with the mk4s and light poi shifts. I still use them on a couple varmint guns but I don't trust them like I do some other, all be it more expensive, brands. Budgets are budgets but there are better scopes to be had at used prices.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts