Leupold Mark 4 LR/T or PR?

Rymart

I'm looking at the Luppy Mark 4 scopes, probably in the 4.5-14 power range (although still considering the 6.5-20 power). I'm trying to figure out exactly what the differences are between the LR/T and PR models. 50mm vs 40mm objective...no problems with either. But what other differences are there? It looks like the turrets may be different between the two, but how? Is the LR/T really worth the extra $$? I will use the scope mainly for medium to long range hunting, but will ocassionally end up pushing timber where the ranges could be closer. Additionally I will use the rifle/scope for a lot of recreational target shooting/practice. Due to the remote area where I live, I will probably not get a chance to compare these scopes side-by-side, so I'm relying your opinions.

fishry,
the 50mm objective lens and the M1 or M3 turrets are what puts the money up, but in my opinion its well worth the extra cost.
i have a 8.5-25x50 LRT with M1 turrets, supreb! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.