leupold Mark 4 LR/T M1 turret covers

Cross, couldnt you just look at zero and see that turret had moved 1.5 moA? I NEVER HAD MY DIALS TURN AND i really use hunting gear hard. SBRUCE The var 7 dial cover unscrews a few turns, then it poPS out to see dial below, then a slight pull out allows you to adjust. NOW YOU push cap bak down, against spring pressure and screwcap back down, cap never leaves the scope. It is a nice set up. but I DONT MIND JUST SEEING REGULAR DIAL.

Cross, couldnt you just look at zero and see that turret had moved 1.5 moA? I NEVER HAD MY DIALS TURN AND i really use hunting gear hard. SBRUCE The var 7 dial cover unscrews a few turns, then it poPS out to see dial below, then a slight pull out allows you to adjust. NOW YOU push cap bak down, against spring pressure and screwcap back down, cap never leaves the scope. It is a nice set up. but I DONT MIND JUST SEEING REGULAR DIAL.

Yes. I did see that the dial had turned and instead of thinking that it had been moved inadvertently, thought that I had failed to reset the knob to zero after zeroing the rifle. You see, I re-zeroed my rifle just before going hunting. I took the rifle to the range, zeroed it and then when I got back home had to zero the knobs on the scope. When I got to elk country I discovered that the horizontal knob was moved left 1.5 or 2 MOA. It occurred to me that the knob may have been turned accidentally but because nobody on this forum ever mentioned it, thought that I must have forgotten to reset the horizontal knob so I did and that was my trouble.

BTW, that isn't the only time that my windage knob has moved. I've seen it do so one other time but it was later in the season and I recognized it for what it was (inadvertent movement while dragging it in and out of a rifle case) so I simply reset it to zero.

I like the scope and I like the knobs but don't think that they can't move on their own while your out and about. Maybe if I used a hard case to haul the rifle around it wouldn't happen but it's happened to me twice in a soft rifle case.

Cross

Well good it didnt cost you a critter, and now you Know so I see you pay close attention to it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts