Leupold LR mildots?

snicl1

Hello all,

I've been wanting to get one of the 8.5-25x M1 Leupold scopes w/mildot reticle and wanted to know if the dot spacing was 1 mil at 8.5 or 25x. I've tried the Leupold site but can't find out the specifics. If anyone's got this scope & can fill in the blanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Chris

chris matthews

Cynical,
The Leupold has a second focal plane reticle. Meaning the reticle stays the same size throught the power change. This means you can only mil with it at 25x.
The Leupold spotter has a first focal plane reticle and very noticeably changes size in relation to the power and you can mil at any setting.

G

I have a 8.5x25x50 LRT from Premier Reticles with the USMC Mildot reticle and it is 1 mil spacing on 10x and at 20x you divide your reading by 2. They put a small white dimple at each setting to make it easy to line up.
Wayne

[ 07-22-2003: Message edited by: Wayne McD ]

snicl1

Thanks for the info guys.

Do you think that the M1 knobs are as durable as the regular target knobs w/covers that come on the regular LRT? If not, I wouldn't want to pay extra just cause I like the looks.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Chris.

texas

What if we like Freightliners?
grin.gif
wink.gif

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts