Leupold LR mildots?

S

snicl1

Hello all,

I've been wanting to get one of the 8.5-25x M1 Leupold scopes w/mildot reticle and wanted to know if the dot spacing was 1 mil at 8.5 or 25x. I've tried the Leupold site but can't find out the specifics. If anyone's got this scope & can fill in the blanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Chris

C

chris matthews

Cynical,
The Leupold has a second focal plane reticle. Meaning the reticle stays the same size throught the power change. This means you can only mil with it at 25x.
The Leupold spotter has a first focal plane reticle and very noticeably changes size in relation to the power and you can mil at any setting.

J

J Schulze

get it from premier with the second generation dot. it should be first focal plane and mil at any power

G

I have a 8.5x25x50 LRT from Premier Reticles with the USMC Mildot reticle and it is 1 mil spacing on 10x and at 20x you divide your reading by 2. They put a small white dimple at each setting to make it easy to line up.
Wayne

[ 07-22-2003: Message edited by: Wayne McD ]

S

snicl1

Thanks for the info guys.

Do you think that the M1 knobs are as durable as the regular target knobs w/covers that come on the regular LRT? If not, I wouldn't want to pay extra just cause I like the looks.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Chris.

I

Ian M

Leupold target turrets are Chevy pickups.
Leupold M1 (MK4 style turrets) are Kenworths.

T

texas

What if we like Freightliners?
grin.gif
wink.gif