Leupold LR mildots?

snicl1

Hello all,

I've been wanting to get one of the 8.5-25x M1 Leupold scopes w/mildot reticle and wanted to know if the dot spacing was 1 mil at 8.5 or 25x. I've tried the Leupold site but can't find out the specifics. If anyone's got this scope & can fill in the blanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Chris

Cynical,
The Leupold has a second focal plane reticle. Meaning the reticle stays the same size throught the power change. This means you can only mil with it at 25x.
The Leupold spotter has a first focal plane reticle and very noticeably changes size in relation to the power and you can mil at any setting.

I have a 8.5x25x50 LRT from Premier Reticles with the USMC Mildot reticle and it is 1 mil spacing on 10x and at 20x you divide your reading by 2. They put a small white dimple at each setting to make it easy to line up.
Wayne

[ 07-22-2003: Message edited by: Wayne McD ]

Thanks for the info guys.

Do you think that the M1 knobs are as durable as the regular target knobs w/covers that come on the regular LRT? If not, I wouldn't want to pay extra just cause I like the looks.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Chris.

What if we like Freightliners?
grin.gif
wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts