Leupold CDS Scopes??

MasonG

How many of you guys use the Leupold CDS scopes? Does the CDS system work? Thinking about getting one for varmint hunting. Do the adjustments only work at full zoom? Are they pretty accurate? This would be for groundhog shooting almost exclusively.

Mine is pretty accurate. Have only shot it out to 500. The only thing is it has to be set to your one load, elevation, temp.etc.. That is the only thing I have against it, otherwise I really like it.

I have two, one on a 7mm mag and one on a 6.5x284. Both are very accurate out to 800 yards. But definitely have to have the correct muzzle velocity.

Thanks for the responses guys! I didn't think that Leupold would put out a product that didn't work but you never know. Does anyone know if they make them in silver? If so where can I buy one?

I don't own one but have friends that do and I'm envious of how simple and quick they are to use... Finish your load development or settle on one factory load and then get 'er done.... There is a LOT to be said for simplicity when you nestle in behind the rifle and get ready to shoot... Fiddling with my ballistic charts and reticle adjustments is a royal pain in the posterior... LOL

I have (3) CDS scopes:
(1) Vari x III 3.5x10x40
(2) VX3 3.5x10x40

I do not use the range on the turret.
I do not even use the moa marks per a chart any more.
I put some glow tape on the turret and make marks per what happens with long range target shooting.

Attachments

• Buck2013436meterss7mmRemMag.jpg
    Buck2013436meterss7mmRemMag.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Leupold CDS taped over with glow tape and sharpie pen 11-18-2013.jpg
    Leupold CDS taped over with glow tape and sharpie pen 11-18-2013.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.