Leuplod vx6 4x24x52 scope

Wildcater, Ive seen too many company's out there to know they don't reduce there price $500-$750 just to be the nice guy's, I'm not sure of all the ways but from what I understand there turrets aren't as solid and the clicks aren't as long lasting as the NXS and I believe the glass or preparation of glass isn't the same. Also heard there bodies aren't quite as heavy so in cutting weight they've thinned the metal or redesigned, don't get me wrong it's still a night force!!! And I've never seen much at all to complain about them. There just making a lower end of there line to compete with the higher end of others! IMO

I would go NF (not SHV) very day of the week. I've never owned one but I have owned probably 10 Leupolds. I was at a shooting school this weekend that was put on by Bob Beck who uses NF in his school and is also a dealer.

The clicks were positive and easy to tell by feel how many clicks you have turned...Leupold feels extremely squishy in comparison. The zero stop is nice as well, and they are rugged beyond belief. Go to their site and look at the torture test.

Everyone there owned a NF but me (I had a March on mine) except for 2 people that had Leupolds. The guys with NF raved about them. One guy took off his Leupold midway through the course and bought a NF on the spot.

The only downside is weight...you hear folks say that glass isn't as good as Swaro and others, but it is certainly good enough...maybe not alpha glass but right behind them.

I ended up going w/the Swaro Z5 5x25x52 & UPS says it'll be here when I get home tomorrow. If I don't like it I have 30 days to return as long as I've not mounted it. Looking forward to late afternoon comparison test between the Z5 & the Hd5. I choose Swaro over the leupold vx6 based on reviews, forum discussions & three different companies listing the leupold vx6 below the hd5 & Z5. I know wildcater let me know that he feels the vx6 is better, hope I made the right choice.

My only complaint with the Swaro is the limited adjustment range. I think it is like 16-18 MOA of adjustment. I would have been very tempted had it come with a larger adjustment range.

"The only downside is weight...you hear folks say that glass isn't as good as Swaro and others, but it is certainly good enough...maybe not alpha glass but right behind them."

I had four Swarovski z5 and was able to compare a z6 at the range with Nightforce. The guy who owns the z6 also owns a Nightforce. Everyone whom I have talked to who actually compared them side by side says the Nightforce has better glass.

"The only downside is weight...you hear folks say that glass isn't as good as Swaro and others, but it is certainly good enough...maybe not alpha glass but right behind them."

I had four Swarovski z5 and was able to compare a z6 at the range with Nightforce. The guy who owns the z6 also owns a Nightforce. Everyone whom I have talked to who actually compared them side by side says the Nightforce has better glass.

Even better...I have never compared Swaro and NF side by side but I think any difference in glass quality at that point becomes a point of diminishing returns and I think either would be good enough for hunting.

I finally went down to the local Cabela's and compared five different scopes at low light I compared the night force NXS and the SHV, Swarovski the Zeiss and Leopold VX-6 as far as bang for the buck goes I would take the NXS first the VX-6 second the Swaro third just because it was a little bit more than the Leopold and Zeiss and SHV were a tossup, they were all great scopes but I think that NXS was just a little better overall, and that's coming from a Leopold guy!

My swaro Z5 was waiting on me when I got home. I immediately got the scope out & took a look. At first I was very impressed. Then I brought it & my hd5 out @ dusk. The swaro was still brighter & clearer @ low power but honestly feel as though the Zeiss has the upper hand when maxxed out. As of now I've not seen enough good to justify the extra 500.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.