Let's try to get grey wolves de-listed from Endangered Species Act

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Outfitter and LRH Sponsor Bud Martin passed on this link with the language of the proposed de-listing legislationl The wolves have decimated big game populations in some areas.
De-listing bill

I would love to see this or something like it to pass
but I dont think it ever will.
Would also love to go out a trap a buck of them wolves and dump about 10 of them in the back yard of every person pushing to protect them.
retiredcpo

Going to be tough Len, but lets all get together and go for it.

I live in the middle of wolf country, and you should see what they are doing to the elk herd. Most years you can see 1-15 elf on a weekend hunt, now your lucky if you see 1. There is bones everywhere, and we have not had a bad winter in 4 years. I see wolf tracks in my horse pasture in the spring. Spend a lot of time out there, sitting with a rifle.

We truely need to get behind anything we can to controll the wolves. I was at a hay field two weeks ago at day light. A heard of about 60 cow elk were leaving to go back up for the day. I watched through my spotter and counted....... 7 calves left. There will be none after this winter... Makes me sick!!!!!!!!!! This was about 45 miles south of where I live.

Jeff

This is about the easiest way to write Obama and your reps and senators in one fell swoop: http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Don't have to be an NRA member to use it. Anybody can. I just did. Please let 'em know.

Edit: Adding the short letter I wrote in case it might help someone else write--

Please support the effort intiated by HR 6028 to delist the invasive
subspecies of wolf, the Canadian Gray Timber Wolf (Canis lupus
occidentalis) illegally introduced in a blatant violation of the ESA (not
the sub-species that was here origianlly). The sub-species that was here
before, the Rocky Mountain wolf (Canis lupus irremotus) was a much
smaller, less damaging animal.

The population of these animals has many times outstripped the the original
goals of the introduction (not reintroduction) and activist judges and
groups that have had their pockets nicely lined by the marketing of the
wolf 'aura' are doing all they can to keep the invasive sub-species
Canadian Gray Timber Wolf on the endangered species list.

Meanwhile these wolves are literally chewing through the ungulate
population at an alarming rate! Does anybody care about that?!! There
may have been some ungulate overpopulation at one time that could've been
dealt with with proper managagement techniques without wolves being
introduced--there certainly isn't ungulate overpopulation now. In fact, some western
states are experienceing an overpopulation of predators.

It is time to stop protecting these predators and manage them!

Last edited:
Can't open a ".cgi" file. What's the deal?

Woofs are already delisted in at least one SE Idaho county but only by one guy that will admit it.:)

It is not a good thing that this important issue and others of even national security are being handled by those who don't represent the people. If ya put yur ear to the ground the sounds heard may be the rumbling of impending trouble.

Len, thanks for posting the information. This is a very important issue here in the west. I HOPE EVERYONE TAKES A MINUTE TO WRITE A LETTER OR MAKE A PHONE CALL to their congressman. we need to keep the phone lines hot. please remember that form letters are not as effective as personal letters.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.