Evidently gun laws specific to Illinois get enforced in Indiana???

Veteran

A week ago I made a quick trip to Chicago. Stopped at a Bass Pro Shop in Indiana to browse, stretch my legs.....I bought this magazine.

Can you believe at Bass Pro Shop in Indiana they "carded" me for buying this magazine???

Close to state line w Illinois and they wanted to make sure if I was from Illinois I qualified by their laws......Just Astounding!

I suppose its age and FOID card related.

😣🤔

Attachments

• 20230406_183634.jpg
    20230406_183634.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
I believe it. I once had TSA giving me a hard time because I had NRA hunting and shooting magazines in my carry on bag.....

I believe it. I once had TSA giving me a hard time because I had NRA hunting and shooting magazines in my carry on bag.....
yep, never been carded for buying a gun magazine anywhere. What galls me most was it was in Indiana......Just being close to Illinois, all of a sudden, its like maybe I have an extra layer of laws, rules, and regulations I become subject to.

I was really surprised and taken aback by it. They allow a lot of things in Illinois I dont like or support, but they regulate who can read a gun magazine.....and I suppose if Bass Pro wants to do business in Illinois they have to play ball. Dont get me wrong. I would expect to be carded and even back ground checked if I purchased an actual firearm, or a firearm magazine or ammo at a Bass Pro shop near Illinois because you have to have a Foid card in Illinois to purchase those things......but a gun magazine?

Ya dont need no ID underage or not to read Rolling Stone or High Times there Im sure.

Just basakwards to me....