Let’s see those Smokeless builds!!

Thanks Encore! I have 50 Pitman so will see how they perform.

I have veggie wads, but did not use them on those shots. What is your experience with wads? Worth it?
I found that with both the XLD's and the Pittman Acumax wool helps at distance. The Fury bullets seem to shoot better with a veggie vs the wool. One thing about using a wad......... it won't hurt. Regardless rather I shoot SML or am shooting BH, I always use a wad.
If you take one of your sized bullets and push it 1/2 way down the barrel without a breech plug. Then point the barrel at a light and look down it. Obviously full forming would be different ;)

Two that I have recently completed, Savage Target action and a regular 12, Brux large shank .45 cal.

BhxQMiA.jpg

kVHp7pv.jpg

What barrel are you running with the savage action that comes out to 850? Also what ignition system you running for this budget? I ask because I budgeted about twice that for just the barrel, action and ignition, which is why I would prefer to go the conversion route to get my feet wet first.
Hankins out of Kentucky sells 45cal brux barrels for small shank savages as a package with the breech plug and modules ready to go, just spin the barrel on and headspace correct . off to the races

Hankins out of Kentucky sells 45cal brux barrels for small shank savages as a package with the breech plug and modules ready to go, just spin the barrel on and headspace correct . off to the races
I see what you're saying. I was looking into doing the exact same thing, but going the arrowhead route. Any reason to go savage vs Remington 700? Also preference to go with Hankins over arrowhead? And small shank over large shank? Large shank hypothetically would be able to handle more powder, correct? I know that doesn't always mean accuracy, but the potentially to push a bullet faster is there. How limited are you in regards to powder charges in the small shank? What are you expecting for FPS? I apologize for all of the questions. I am fairly uninformed if you couldn't tell and I'm looking to absorb as much information about smokeless muzzleloaders as possible. More or less weighing all of the options and see which route is the best to go for me. I've 100% decided I'm going to get a smokeless for next year, I'm just having trouble deciding between a cva 45-70 conversion and a bolt action. If a bolt action, what action to get along with barrel length. There's too many options. I would love a custom muzzy from Arrowhead, but that isn't in the cards. If I went the bolt route it would be something along the lines of what you mentioned above. Getting a .308 action and mating it up to a brux barrel that is ready to go with breech plug and modules. Thanks again for any insight.