Let’s see the rewards of hard work.

17 yrds Ya I had a shot,heh, heh IMG_E1330.JPG

First in my eyes every Elk is a trophy !
That said here is my 2019 Rifle Bull Elk from Montana ! Not my biggest butView attachment 165496 it was my longest Shot to date !
338 Edge, 300 gr .bergers rifle built with parts from great Members here !
1244 yards !
Everyone says spikes eat the best, I call bs, 3-4 year old bulls eat the better. The trophy is in the pan. Which berger? It obviously worked, but just wondering if you have an idea of impact velocity, and which one of the 300's it was and if you were happy with how it performed (aside from the obvious dead bull).

Everyone says spikes eat the best, I call bs, 3-4 year old bulls eat the better. The trophy is in the pan. Which berger? It obviously worked, but just wondering if you have an idea of impact velocity, and which one of the 300's it was and if you were happy with how it performed (aside from the obvious dead bull).
My app said 1888 ft ps of energy
It is the 300 gr.berger elite hunters.
I'm very happy with them . Took my Spring Bear with them also . Only 227 yrds .but DRT . Great round !
Rum Man

Last edited:
First in my eyes every Elk is a trophy !
That said here is my 2019 Rifle Bull Elk from Montana ! Not my biggest butView attachment 165496 it was my longest Shot to date !
338 Edge, 300 gr .bergers rifle built with parts from great Members here !
1244 yards !

The trophy is in remembering the hunt and the stories we tell. What we hang on the wall and eat are what trigger those memories and generate the stories.

Impressive work!

The trophy is in remembering the hunt and the stories we tell. What we hang on the wall and eat are what trigger those memories and generate the stories.

Impressive work!

Thank you !
Lots of practice and reloading went into the end results.
As far as the trophy goes I have mounted most of my wife's and myself's critters through the years . All are trophy's to us ! Some look at them and say well that's a small one , i say you should have been there it was an Amazing time together !

I quit getting any Taxidermy done when my Taxidermist passed away suddenly. He was a best friend .
I built this new hunting 338 Edge after my Surgery and a new chapter in hunting and Taxidermy along with it !
Life starts again!
I Thank God and the Amazing Team that saved my Life ! Please injoy what you have everybody!!

Rum Man

Thank you !
Lots of practice and reloading went into the end results.
As far as the trophy goes I have mounted most of my wife's and myself's critters through the years . All are trophy's to us ! Some look at them and say well that's a small one , i say you should have been there it was an Amazing time together !

I quit getting any Taxidermy done when my Taxidermist passed away suddenly. He was a best friend .
I built this new hunting 338 Edge after my Surgery and a new chapter in hunting and Taxidermy along with it !
Life starts again!
I Thank God and the Amazing Team that saved my Life ! Please injoy what you have everybody!!

Rum Man
AMEN.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.