Leopold VXI 4-12 Duplex

Reloader222

I have mounted the above scope on my .270Win today after a long battle to try and fit it to my .222Rem. The eye relief is too long for the short rifle. Had added a rubber pad and extended rings and it was still to long. I have then decided to put the Lynx on the .222Rem and the Leopold on the .270Win. No problems and the eye relief was perfect, but when I wanted to adjust the focus, the cross-hair was jumping up and down. Is this scope faulty or is this how Leopold works? Your help is appreciated!

Does the reticle stay locked to the image when you rotate the reticle focus? That is, does the point of aim stay constant? If so, the scope will work, even though it is not ideal. I doubt that Leupold will admit it is faulty.

If the scope has a fast focus (no locking ring) and the reticle changes point of aim when you adjust focus, I recommend that you send it back. I've seen this happen with the new VX2 scopes. Others have not seen it.

Thanks Bruce, Leopold had also replied that it would not affect accuracy since the cross hair is in the middle of the scope and the focus is in the back of the scope. Will nevertheless do some testing on the range to confirm.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.