Leupold VX1 4-12 x 40

THOMAST

Hi,
I am keen on getting this scope for a .308 rifle (BRNO ZKK601) destined for my 16 yr old son.This will be his first rifle and he is very excited about it. I have a question: would parralax be a problem at the 12x magnification?
Would it be wiser to stick with a 3-9 ? Intially , ranges would be limited to 350 yds shooting (field practice) I choose the VX1 with the long range reticle so that he can use hold over points instead of adjusting the scope continually, which may lead to a bit of confusion in the middle of hunting rifle competitions in which we participate, where you are shooting in a limited time and unknown distances up to 350 meters. Targets are life size animals and 8" gongs.
Currently the rifle is fitted with an old Weaver K4 scope and he has been spoiled by the Zeiss conquest 6-20 fitted on my 7mm08.(I figure that he wont need such a large magnification with his youthful eyes, I need all the help I can get!)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts