Leigh High Defense Controlled Chaos Failure

Zen Archery

Been trying to chase down a coyote/varmint friendly bullet for the 6.5 Creedmoor.
Some have told me to give up the search because its just too much gun for a coyote/varmint.

Had super high expectations for this bullet.
Lesson on function over form.
One of the most accurate bullets I've loaded to date. Will make a great target round with its boat tale design and high B.C.
Too bad it doesn't perform as I expected

05K5PRBl.jpg

How did it not perform as expected? I'm not trying to be obtuse, but it didn't appear that you recovered the coyote you shot. Are you saying the bullet doesn't put them down, or that it makes too big of a hole?

it didn't appear that you recovered the coyote you shot.

Coyotes, and I agree. Not to call anyone's ability into question but without a recovery there is simply no way to know what those bullets did or didn't do. Lehigh's website specifically states the CC is designed for minimal pass thru energy on deer sized game. I'd say wrong bullet choice, not bullet failure.

I was by no means trying to give you a hard time. I appreciate people that put up videos and pics and share with us their experience. I just don't know what you are basing your opinion of the bullet on. I would guess that you are saying that since the dog walked off the bullets don't dissipate the energy into the target, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I would say it's hard to tell anything when you don't recover the animal. It was real hard to tell from the thermal (which I'm really jealous of btw) whether it was a good shot or not. I would say you might need some more testing. Once again I'm not trying to give you crap. Just another point if view.

Any bullet out of just about any 6.5 cartridge should have zero trouble anchoring a coyote or a coon at those distances. I'm voting for poor impact placement.

Are you trying to achieve no exit/easy on pelts, or explosive/blowing holes in things? You might look at either the Hornady 123 ELDM or Sierra 107 TMK if you wanted to pick up the speed to encourage more violent upset/energy dump in the target.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.