Leica Geovid HD-B question

Blacktail

I picked up a pair on a deal couldn't pass up. Looking at the different ballistic curves and realize nothing really matches my 280ai load. Went to use calculator and it was way off and learned only supports G1 BC not G7. My bullet has a G7 of .253 so obviously off. So my question,is there a formula or should I just by trial and error just increase the G1 input until it matches my ballistic printout from an different site? Reason being its my understanding you have to use Leicas site to download for the SD car function. Thanks

If you look at Bergers 7mm 140 grain it list a G7 of .256 and a G1 of .50 which is close enough. Get several cards and program them with slightly different velocities while you are at the range, it is best to bring a laptop modify the card as you can't rename the file and make multiple cards without erasing the previous ones. Actually you just can't rename the file or it corrupts it so all the cards have the same name, you have to label them. Kind of a pain but when you get it to match your drops it works very well.
It's been a while since I did mine but it wasn't very well thought out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts