Leica Geovid HD-B problems?

EXPRESS

I just "upgraded" to these rangefinding binos, but I've come across a fairly major issue.
The thermomenter is off by up to 10C, which is 18F. It tends to read a lower temperature than the actual one, normally by 3 to 6 degrees. This is enough to induce no less than two clicks error from 500 onwards.

Now, I set up the sd card and tweaked the numbers until the drop chart matched my real drops, but due to this hardware defect the unit is innaccurate.

I wil try to compensate by tweaking the mumbers again to compensate, but for the money this unit should read the conditions accurately.

Has anyone else had issues with them?

I've never had issues but figured the temp reading would be off because I carry them in a harness on my chest. I haven't done the math. Most of the time I use my phone app, and that populates temperature for me.

Mine takes a little while to cool down to the real temp if I've had them inside where it's warm, but not off by that much. I did score hits at 582 and 817 yards recently them the battery died, less than a year old. I thought the lithium would last longer than that. I now keep a couple spares on hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.