Leica 7x24 Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM or Gunwerks Revic BR4

Robert23430

I'm looking for a new monocular rangefinder. I've narrowed it down to either the Leica 7x24 Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM or Gunwerks Revic BR4.

I know that the Leica 7x24 Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM has a higher end optical system whereas the Revic BR4 gives a better solution without needing a Kestrel.

What do you guys that have used both think about these two choices.

No Question... the Revic BR4! I don't know that the glass on the Leica is any better than the REVIC but I do know the glass on the REVIC is better than you are ever going to need on a range finder and it is 10X where the Leica is only 7x. The 10x on the REVIC BR4 was noticeably a nice upgrade from the past 7x standerd. As far as the rest the REVIC is heads above the Leica in features.. and features that actually work along with ranging speed. The REVIC is way more bang for your buck.

I had a Leica 800 LRF. (Sadly it went amongst the missing) It had a 7 x 24 optic system. It was remarkably sharper and clearer than Steiner Predator 10x 42 binocularS that I was using at the time. It's optics were amazing to me for a 7 x 24 monocular. I'm also getting Swarovski NL Pure 10 x42 binoculars.

Have you had a chance to compare the Leica 7x24 Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM and the Gunwerks Revic BR4 side by side?

I had a Leica 800 LRF. (Sadly it went amongst the missing) It had a 7 x 24 optic system. It was remarkably sharper and clearer than Steiner Predator 10x 42 binocularS that I was using at the time. It's optics were amazing to me for a 7 x 24 monocular. I'm also getting Swarovski NL Pure 10 x42 binoculars.

Have you had a chance to compare the Leica 7x24 Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM and the Gunwerks Revic BR4 side by side?
Not a side by side with that particular Leica optic but we have multiple Leica RF binos and BR4's. Leica glass is better, but I don't use an RF for glassing anyway - and the 10 power has its definite advantages. For what it does, the BR4 is kit worth having for sure. We love them. Run it along with Leica binos and you'll be set. 🤠

No Question... the Revic BR4! I don't know that the glass on the Leica is any better than the REVIC but I do know the glass on the REVIC is better than you are ever going to need on a range finder and it is 10X where the Leica is only 7x. The 10x on the REVIC BR4 was noticeably a nice upgrade from the past 7x standerd. As far as the rest the REVIC is heads above the Leica in features.. and features that actually work along with ranging speed. The REVIC is way more bang for your buck.
Very well said.

The slightly superior optical quality of the Leica, when you're purchasing a rangefinder, is not quite as important as the more advanced electronics of the Revic. If you were buying a rangefinder binocular combo unit than one should take the optical difference into the decision making process, however, in a stand alone rangefinder the electronics are paramount (assuming that is does have good optics which the Revic does).
Please feel free to call us to discuss this

I'm looking for a new monocular rangefinder. I've narrowed it down to either the Leica 7x24 Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM or Gunwerks Revic BR4.

I know that the Leica 7x24 Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM has a higher end optical system whereas the Revic BR4 gives a better solution without needing a Kestrel.

What do you guys that have used both think about these two choices.
you've left probably the best one made right now for ballistic solving !! The Sig Kilo 8k BDX

I've owned and hunted them all.... if the Leica with its beautiful glass, ergonomics, crystal clear image/reticle and super fast ranging had what the sig has as far as the applied ballistics software it would be a no brainer !!! But out of the 3 I would own the Sig hands down !!

If it ranged/did ballistic outputs past 1000 I'd still own one!!

now if you dont mind carrying a 5700 elite kestrel then do the Leica as it will need calculations past a 1000

I carry one everywhere I go while hinting in my bino harness.. wind meter plus if I need a back ballistic solver its right there already set up for the rifle I'm carrying.

Last edited:
I'd highly recommend Leica optics.

Two of the equally important rangefinder features to consider are Optical Performance & Ballistic solver capabilities.
Leica provides top performance in both.

Superior glass, fast accurate ranging,
Precise beam to reticle alignment,
Excellent on board ballistics
& Advanced AB Ballistics solvers available
To provide solutions as far as the units ranging capabilities. As well as wind inputs.

Superior Glass quality is important in any optical device. In ranging devices it is Paramount !!! & aids in clarity & supports fast Precision targeting.

This in conjunction with
a power magnification that provides
A Clear, Stable target image.

My personal choice - Leica !

Last edited: