• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED lefty action?

Caleb85

My buddy just got back from his 9th and final tour in the big sand box and wants to build his first custom. .he is a south pal. And he was wondering how hard it would be to find an blued 700 long action standard bolt face?..all I am looking for is numbers..I will tell him and he will tell me what and when to buy..thanks

There is a nice one that was just listed at the 24hourcampfire...act quickly.

Also you might try gunbroker for an old 270 or 3006 beat up gun that you could tear down for pretty cheap. Good luck

He asked me what would be a good caliber for us to go with ..to be some what of a joy to shoot steel and paper off a bench ..that won't tare a deer up to bad and one day we would like to drop an elk. ..I thought 25-06 AI. Open to suggestions. .

280 ackley with 140 accubonds would be screaming on deer and load it with 168 bergers for bigger stuff. I shoot a 6.5x284 with 140 bergers and it's very pleasant to shoot and brass for both is readily available. Also a good ole 308 win will do magic on whitetail and do fine on elk if you use the right bullet and keep the range right

First off, my appreciation to your friend for his service to our country. regarding the left hand build, two thoughts...

1) Regarding chambering: .270, 280, .30-06. Pick one and go... Good brass availability. Good selection of bullets (Lighter for target practice. Heavier for game.) Easy to reload for if he is so inclined...

2) If your friend is thinking of a true custom build, might want to consider a custom action such as Stiller, MRC, etc. For only a little bit more money than the Rem 700 donor action + machine work to clean it up / square it up / "accurize" it, you can buy a custom action ready to build.

Or... he might consider "pre-built". There are always nice LH projects coming up for sale between here and the other internet sites for significantly less than the cost of the parts...

First off, my appreciation to your friend for his service to our country. regarding the left hand build, two thoughts...

1) Regarding chambering: .270, 280, .30-06. Pick one and go... Good brass availability. Good selection of bullets (Lighter for target practice. Heavier for game.) Easy to reload for if he is so inclined...

2) If your friend is thinking of a true custom build, might want to consider a custom action such as Stiller, MRC, etc. For only a little bit more money than the Rem 700 donor action + machine work to clean it up / square it up / "accurize" it, you can buy a custom action ready to build.

Or... he might consider "pre-built". There are always nice LH projects coming up for sale between here and the other internet sites for significantly less than the cost of the parts...

Thank you !! I not a 30-06 person and I have had my fare share of 270's..this 280 gets me thinking though. .I will have to look it up in my manuals.

The original
280 is one of the most underrated calibers out there you can't go wrong with it

there is a lh cooper with a 4-14 vx3 on top in 280ai @ my lgs for $2500 I was drooling over the other day. For a hunter this type of rig would be a great one and less costly than full custom.

Gun Library: Browning Model A-Bolt Left-Handed Stainless Synthetic with Boss, .300 Winchester Magnum : Cabela's

Gun Library: Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe Left Hand 7MM Rem Mag ANIB : Cabela's

Gun Library: Sako AV Left Handed .30-06 : Cabela's

a couple of the good ones cabelas has at present.... two are mag bolt face but would be great for someone who isn't into getting thumped. The lh standard bolt face are a bit more rare than they were only a few years ago.

Recent Posts