Left windage Problem

lfudickar

I have a DPMS AR 10 upper that i just mounted a Nightforce 2.5-10 vxs on with LT104 Rings . At 25 yrds i could not get enough left windage out of the scope. it consistently shot 4 inches right. I remounted the scope with Nightforce rings and again it shoots 4 inches right with my left windage maxed out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Turn your rings around backwards and see if it switches. If it doesn't, then your rail may be out of spec.
Pull the scope/rings off and put them on another rifle and make sure it's not an optic issue, you have all the windage you should.

Do what c_bass16 said. If you find that your rings and scope aren't the problem, and it is your rail, you could either get rid of the rifle or try a pair of windage adjustable rings.

Or it could be the factory barrel extension/thread tenon is WAY out of wack and it just needs a precision barrel installed properly... Just a guess though. I've built quite a few AR's and the barrel extensions can have a goodly amount of runout w/ one manufacturers exception and that would be the extensions manufactured by BAT machine...they are never out more than .001" and usually half that. Factory extensions are typically over .010".

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.