• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Left hand .338 Norma mag barreled action + extras PRICE DROP

codyadams

For sale I have my Remington 700 action with a spiral fluted Lilja #5 9 twist .338 Norma chambered 24" barrel. Has a 5 port Beast TI titanium brake installed, as well as a Trigger Tech primary flat shoe trigger. Action was trued by my smith, and the threads chased.

LRI spiral fluted and timed/tigged the bolt. My smith milled the reciever to accept a Wyatts CFE 12 (3.830" max OAL) box.

The 20 MOA Tally rail is stress free bedded, triple pinned to the reciever and the base screws are opened up to #8, torqued/blue lock tighted in place. There is some scraping on the rail from removal of the bedding material from where the rings were bedded. The rail is not going anywhere.

Barrel has under 500 rounds through it, I have been easy on it and not shot any strings, most shooting has had 3 minutes between shots. I can provide photos/video of the throat to anyone interested, firecracking is pretty minimal. Would also send the 50 Peterson brass that has been fired in it. Loads have been relatively soft in this rifle, 250's @ 2900ish or just under, 300 Bergers at 2700 or less. Primer pockets still feel as tight as new, this Peterson brass is some tough stuff.

Also included I have some miscellaneous .338 bullets, 30 - Gen 1 270 grain Super Bulldozers, 250 Bulldozer II's (not sure on count), 72 - 265 LRAB's, 30 - 285 Hammers, and an unopened box of 250 Bergers. Dies not for sale. Also have a LH mag (.540") bolt face PTG one piece bolt that could be included for additional $ or sold separately.

This is perfect for a light weight heavy hitter! That's what I used it for until I decided I want to run everything supressed, and my can is a 30 cal so I'm downsizing to a 30 Nosler.

Asking $875 shipped as pictured with the 50 pcs Peterson brass, and the listed bullets. Trades always considered, but mainly looking for money to fund my 30 nosler build ha ha.

Thanks guys!!!
20220310_215030.jpg
20220310_215248.jpg
20220310_215050.jpg
20220310_215206.jpg
20220310_215228.jpg
20220310_215328.jpg

Last edited:
Bumpity.....throw this in the right stock and with the right optic and you could have yourself a sub 9 lb heavy hitter, or a 12 lb pussycat!

Last edited:
I'll also add, recoil on this rifle is very manageable. I had it in an EH-1, 9.5 lbs all up with my scope, and I had no problem letting new shooters use it. Here is a video of my buddy shooting a pronghorn at around 680 yards with it, you can see the gun barely moves. This was his first big game animal!

This is perfect for a light weight heavy hitter! That's what I used it for until I decided I want to run everything supressed, and my can is a 30 cal so I'm downsizing to a 30 Nosler.
WOW! I did not see that coming. I thought maybe you were going the NMI route and getting another suppressor for it, but I understand. GLWS.

WOW! I did not see that coming. I thought maybe you were going the NMI route and getting another suppressor for it, but I understand. GLWS.
Thanks Ed. Ya, I could have got another supressor and ran it, but I think recoil may have been pretty stout! I want a sub 9.5 lb gun, with the can. My build should end up right there. I will have another .338 in the future, but I will probably build it heavy and run it supressed, and it will be packed around by my horse ha ha

Thanks Ed. Ya, I could have got another supressor and ran it, but I think recoil may have been pretty stout! I want a sub 9.5 lb gun, with the can. My build should end up right there. I will have another .338 in the future, but I will probably build it heavy and run it supressed, and it will be packed around by my horse ha ha
Copy that; cheers! If it were RH, I would have been all over it.

That's a good deal, couldn't begin to build this for that.
You are absolutely correct, I have a lot into this. Here is a breakdown -

Action - $400
Truing, barrel chamber/install, muzzle threads, time/taper/install brake, opening up for Wyatts box, opening bolt face/extractor parts/install - $550
LRI time/tig/flute/bead blast - $295
Barrel + fluting by Lilja - $500
5 port TI MBM brake - $180
TT trigger - $125ish
Talley rail - $60

That is $2,110 of parts and labor into the barreled action, selling for $875 shipped. I am aware that remington actions and build labor doesn't hold value, but even at that, this is a good deal!

You are selling this for a good deal. If I had some moldy money I would buy it. But I'm also in the process of building a coyote rifle, plus nothing bigger then a mule deer head to shoot at so the 7mag I have is good. But nice barreled action for very good price. What powder were you using?