Lee collet resizing die issue

trazman

Hello, yesterday I was resizing .223 bras with lee collet die and after 50 cases it started to stuck cases, then I cleaned it up and it was back normal, but after 20 cases again and then after 10 and finally after 5 cases... Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks, Thomas

Hello, yesterday I was resizing .223 bras with lee collet die and after 50 cases it started to stuck cases, then I cleaned it up and it was back normal, but after 20 cases again and then after 10 and finally after 5 cases... Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks, Thomas

What do you mean by "it started to stuck cases"?

The die does not require the cases be lubed. Are you using lube? Even the die doesn't require lube but it works best with polished surfaces. If you have to use lube try powdered graphite or another dry lube.

take apart the sizeing die, degrease all 3 parts inside and out, now using a light good quality machine oil put a drop on the each of the outer shoulders of the collet then wipe off the excess put the neck mandrel in place and slide the collet back into the die body.
When using the die make sure that your brass is clean, dry and oil free. If the problem still happens contact Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.