Lee Classic 4-Turret press

450hunter

Does anybody have any experience with this press? Good or Bad? Can you reload 338 Rum with it? Thinking of buying another press and like the fact that it can still be used as a single stage press but both/all the dies are in the one plate and you don't have to keep swapping back and forth. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I know about the search and that didn't answer my questions. I have a single stage now but had questions about the press not whether or not it is better then a single stage. Thanks for replying though.

I don't own one but I had the chance to mess with one last week at the gun show. I truly enjoyed it. All in one press and not having to keep changing dies and messing with them was great. You can load all the dies and take the whole dish out without having to change the sizes. Then you just insert a new dish and load up the next dies.

Im saving up for it and will sell my RCBS single.

I would not hesitate to buy it.

Yes, I know about the search and that didn't answer my questions. I have a single stage now but had questions about the press not whether or not it is better then a single stage. Thanks for replying though.

I thought it did ... you asked if it's good or bad, the link did not provide any bad reviews but those that did prefer a single press.

I too don't have Lee 4-turret but I have T-Mag 6-turret press that works.

FEENIX, I'm sorry if I came across rude, I didn't mean to. I guess I was looking for first hand dealing with one. Plus, I still would like to know if it will work for a 338 RUM. Thanks again

FEENIX, how do you like that T-Mag 6-Turret press? Can you reload long calibers like the RUMS? Thanks again.

I like it very much and have served me well. I don't have hands on experience loading the RUMs but a friend has the exact set-up and loads the 7MM RUM and 338 RUM without any problems. The closest to RUM I've loaded was 30-378 WBTY.

I have the press in question and like it very much. I have only loaded it for pistol, .223 and 30-06 so I can't comment on the RUM question. I prefer to run it single stage though. With the indexing rod in if you need to backup a step or redo a step for whatever reason then you have to remove the case and pull the handle till you get it back to where you wanted it, reinsert the case and proceed. Does not happen often but the few times it did were enough that I just took it out. I feel I have more control this way anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.