lasers

ewallace

lets talk laser range finders any one with a sworovski 8x30 guide leica 1200 scan to compare looking for a portable laser for mid range hunting (1500 yards) elk and deer. I used a leica 1200 scan last year and was wondering if it would be worth getting a sworovske guide for this year would like a little bit more range in a small package is it worth the extra cost ($350.00) over the leica

To get to that 1500 yd range you have to go at least to the Swaro. The Leica 1200, at least mine, won't get there. Can get to 1100 in mountains w/trees.

Just figure about a buck a yard over 1100 yds and be done with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My experience with my Leica 1200 scan model is the same. About 1200 yards under the most favorable conditions. If you want 1500yds get the Swarovski

crow mag,

I have a Swarovski and have no problems withit.
Let me know if you would like to do a side by side comparison. I am north of GR.

JD338

Eric-- You want the swaro...does 1700 with ease to most non-reflective targets and will do ~2000 to pine trees

saving my pennies...

JB

Get a Swaro. Call Bill Bailey, he'll fix you up. I bought two from him last month and the price was right. So far I have no problem ranging up to 1700 yards. Goodluck.

I have owned both the Swaro and the Leica and there is no comparison. I have ranged out past 1800 yards with the Swaro many times and never past 1100 with the Leica and that was under very favorable conditions.
In my opion if you want to range consistently past 1000 yards and beyound the Swaro is well woth the investment........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.