Laser Rangefinder rifle scopes

Zeiss makes a decent one. Well it should be for over $4000. I think it goes from 9-999 yards in about .5 seconds. So they say. Totally not worth $4000 in my opinion. But its hands down better then the others you mentioned.

If your getting one for big game hunting, you better check the regs before you shell out that money. In most western states it is not legal to use any battery operated optical sight system for big game hunting.

Check out the regs in your state or the states you will be hunting in. If its legal, have at her. If your using it only for varminting and such, again, have at her!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

The best one i have found to date is the Swarovski 3-12mag.
Basically i could not fool it trying various known things that play laser rangers up.
Tried a set distant object on full mag and low mag- gave same reading exactly. Tried same object invisible with naked eye, had to use the scope to find it- low and high mag exactly the same range as in bright sunlight!
Meopta do one similar looking but apparently are crap, even though i rate Meopta stuff.
Both need a double dovetailed mount in typical German fashion.

$4000, man does that come on the top of a custom built tactical rifle? Thanx Fiftydriver for the info, I'll check that out before I go any further & Jonny whats the price on that Swarovski?

I expected these to be about 25% cheaper over there, heres a link to the model anyway, may get cheaper elsewhere £1500 to £1600 inc our vat at 17 1/2%! http://www.gunaccessories.com/Swarovski/LaserRangefindingScope/index.asp
If 660+ yards is ok,i would check one out along with anything else that has come out in the last few years or so. As above these really do have high and low light performance, many use with lamping gear for foxes at night.
The Meopta looks the same but useless.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.