Laser rangefinder options????

I've got the Leica 1200 LRF Scan and have found it to work very well. Great optics and I've had it scan out to 1200 numerous times under good conditions. Farthest animal scanned was a young mule deer buck at 1078 yds and a bigger buck at earlier time at 1040 yds, but I haven't had a chance to scan an animal farther than with it that is within some reasonable range. Both of those critters were in the evening hours. The one young buck was saved by cloud suddenly coming up over the ridge I was on and curling down and obscuring my view on the lee side of the ridge...:rolleyes:

Any information on the G7 BR2? I heard its supposed to have an end resolution (fire) ballistic program inside that's capable of retaining up to seven loads/calibers providing fire solutions for all at any range. A 2000 yard unit for $1599. Have they been manufactured yet?

The Zeiss Victory PRF is excellent I can easily range 1300-1400 yards with mine. Holds steadier than the Leica 1600. I don't like the reticle on the swarovski it's really faint looking and huge. The zeiss is a much better deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.