Larry Willis collet die

I load for 257 Bee, 264WM, 270 Bee, 7STW, 300 Bee, 300WM (5), 338WM, 340 Bee, 375 H&H & 375 Bee.
Not once have I ever needed this collet die…for my rifles.

I was given several hundred Lapua 300WM cases way back in 1991, 90% were new unfired, but found some that were fired, they would not chamber in my match grade rifles, measured the spot above the belt and ran them through my 375 Bee die and then they chambered, neck sized them and went to shooting…

Cheers.
That is what I was referring to when I posted that there are alternatives

I'm in the need of a Larry Willis collet die
I go to the website and it say backorder!

What is everybody opinion on this die for belted mag
I ordered one and he sent me two(I returned the extra one) love mine and it works perfectly, quality is good BUT customer service sucks. I'm aware he's a one horse operation but 🤔
edit: I got mine last year mid-year. Trying to reach him was like pulling teeth. Seem he'd been fishing and unreachable 😂

Last edited:
I ordered one and he sent me two(I returned the extra one) love mine and it works perfectly, quality is good BUT customer service sucks. I'm aware he's a one horse operation but 🤔
edit: I got mine last year mid-year. Trying to reach him was like pulling teeth. Seem he'd been fishing and unreachable 😂
Well post #27 informed everyone Mr. Willis passed away in 2022. If he is fishing, it's not here. And yes, he is not reachable.

My dad has body die that was spun up in the 70s by the guy who built his 7mm RM.
It was a regular sizing die and the top is machined off so there was no shoulder. The bottom had a little bit removed just above where the belt clearance is on the bottom of the die. Basically when you run the case up it stops right at the belt
It was a 2 step operation. I remember doing it when I learned to reload.
Its an alternate way if they dies aren't available. Probably costs alot unless someone has their own equipment.

Last edited:
I hope it's a nice code talk to a dead marine vet.

Well it appears Larry Willis passed away in 2022. I wonder what will happen to his company.

"Larry A. Willis, 71, of Casselberry, Florida was born on September 11, 1950, and passed away on July 18, 2022 after a difficult six year battle with ALS.

He was a proud Marine from 1970 to 1972 and an avid shooter even longer. He worked in the computer industry for over 20 years before chasing his true passion of inventing reloading tools. Through his own company, Innovative Technologies, he designed, patented, and manufactured multiple tools that he sold worldwide. The belted magnum collet resizing die, digital headspace gauge, and the wide view light reflector to name just a few."
I also have his digital headspace gauge in my Willis collection. He turned down offers by Hornady to buy his patents. The guy was super stubborn and a little off the map. He wasn't in it for the money and could care less about business. Eccentric is the word I'm looking for. The fact that his website and phone is still on doesn't surprise me. The new owner, David Crowder, is on the phone recording. RIP Larry. I enjoyed the civil debates you conducted. I spoke with David and the company is a going concern with plans for expansion and improvements. He is returning calls and is quite informative.

Last edited: