Larry Willis collet die

The new owner, David Crowder, is on the phone recording. RIP Larry. I enjoyed the civil debates you conducted. I spoke with David and the company is a going concern with plans for expansion and improvements. He is returning calls and is quite informative.
This is great news especially to carry on his legacy.

I ordered one and he sent me two(I returned the extra one) love mine and it works perfectly, quality is good BUT customer service sucks. I'm aware he's a one horse operation but 🤔
edit: I got mine last year mid-year. Trying to reach him was like pulling teeth. Seem he'd been fishing and unreachable 😂
I had the exact same thing happen. I ordered my original years ago from Larry. Several months ago, I ordered another from the new owner for my dad. They sent two. I emailed them what happened and they told me to return one and they would refund me shipping. They got their die back but never heard back on the shipping. For sure not the business Larry started.

I found that one side is definitely bigger than the other, first thing I do is figure out what end is smaller and slide it down towards the belt first.

When I purchased mine 2009 from Larry it was a basic website never talked to him or anyone. I received simple instructions with the die I also bought the shoulder height unit. I have used the die since then it is pretty simple. Check for the belt size issue in one rnd, then lube with imperial sizing wax and run through, the collet only works one way. It is quick simple and effective. I don't really see a need for the video, if you reload you will get it. I don't remember it being fast or slow but it came and I used it. I can believe that some people need it immediately but that's where amazon spoiled us. I'm suprised Midway has not stocked them, but that may be because Larry didn't want to through them. It works where a FL die doesn't. It works for me.

When I purchased mine 2009 from Larry it was a basic website never talked to him or anyone. I received simple instructions with the die I also bought the shoulder height unit. I have used the die since then it is pretty simple. Check for the belt size issue in one rnd, then lube with imperial sizing wax and run through, the collet only works one way. It is quick simple and effective. I don't really see a need for the video, if you reload you will get it. I don't remember it being fast or slow but it came and I used it. I can believe that some people need it immediately but that's where amazon spoiled us. I'm suprised Midway has not stocked them, but that may be because Larry didn't want to through them. It works where a FL die doesn't. It works for me.
I ended up buying one from eBay new for the same price as the website, it took me 2 rounds to get it figured out but it does work well. Just used a lot of die wax initially to get it to work.

I kind of wonder is you are going to get the die or not. I have a problem with a browning 338WM chamber in my sons rifle. I feel that it's about the area above the belt. I stumble onto this, this morning. Looking at ordering out 4 of them. My brother, and sons all have belted mag rifles. I have several.
I thank all for the imput. Great day when you learn something new. Now of to the net to see what I can find.

Recent Posts