largest case to fit in a LA

blygy

I'm looking to rebarrel my 22-250 parker hale M98 to a 25 caliber. The question is now which one.. I was thinking 257 weatherby but then got to looking at a 25-300win mag.

is there another wildcat that fits in a standard long action. I'm looking for a 257 to shoot Richard's heavy Wildcat bullets.

thanx

Bill

If your looking for a hot 25 without alot of work to the reciever the 25-300Win is a good one.
I've never personaly delt with a M-98 but I have heard of guys building 300Wby on them so if you needed mor HP you could try the 25-300Wby unless the action could handel one of Kirby's big Allen Mags

Being a controlled feed action i would stay with the .257 wby or the 25-300mag. Any larger case will cause feeding problems. I like the 25-300mag better due to better brass.

Dave

The better brass and easy resizing of it is a serious consideration and one of the reasons I decided to start looking @ the 25-300 win mag.

Thanks for the replies

Bill

i would of looked at the 257stw. they're might be problems with feeding or something though. i personally dont know much about that round but i've heard that stw is a screamer.

H&H cases will work in a 98 action, you need an extended magazine box. Since the action is 22-250 the bolt face and rails will have to be opened up to accept any magnum casing.

If you don't want to do the extra machining go with the 25-06AI.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.