Large Rifle primers Unis Ginex

I'm pretty desperate for primers. I haven't seen CCI 250 or WLRM in years at a reputable store. I finally gave in and bought over priced Bosnian primers Unis Ginex large rifle primers. They haven't arrived yet. The rumors are that they seat hard and fit very tight, but shoot pretty consistently.

Any body have experience with them they would like to share?
If my memory is correct @Veteran was experimenting with the unis ginex primers

I'm pretty desperate for primers. I haven't seen CCI 250 or WLRM in years at a reputable store. I finally gave in and bought over priced Bosnian primers Unis Ginex large rifle primers. They haven't arrived yet. The rumors are that they seat hard and fit very tight, but shoot pretty consistently.

Do you mind me asking...what's overpriced...especially when nothing else is available.....anywhere! Curious to know what they are selling for in your country. 😊 Thank you!

Do you mind me asking...what's overpriced...especially when nothing else is available.....anywhere! Curious to know what they are selling for in your country. 😊 Thank you!
I am intending and keep intending to do some velocity testing of these vs. #34 ccIs.
I had ordered some #200s too but Brownells cancelled my order.....just havent got to it yet.

I have fired 30 or 40 and they fire just fine, but thats not 100s or even 1000. The only thing I did notice is they were a tad harder to seat in virgin brass than CcI 34s. Now on fired brass which I have not done yet either may be perfect.

I am intending and keep intending to do some velocity testing of these vs. #34 ccIs.
I had ordered some #200s too but Brownells cancelled my order.....just havent got to it yet.

I have fired 30 or 40 and they fire just fine, but thats not 100s or even 1000. The only thing I did notice is they were a tad harder to seat in virgin brass than CcI 34s. Now on fired brass which I have not done yet either may be perfect.
Cost?/ 100

I don't mind.

Excuse me while I step on the soap box for a minute. I paid $587 for a case of 5,000 foreign made primers. Pre-covid, pre-supply chain, pre-biden I could buy CCI 250s for $65 per thousand out the door from local businesses. I live 30 miles from CCI Blount, Freedom Group, Safari Land whatever large corporation owns them now. Regardless they make a lot of primers. Recently when I would ask about large rifle primers local businesses would laugh as if I was looking for a unicorn. I was told they are not allowed to buy direct from the factory and their supplier rations the primers outside of their control. Breathe....

I will step down and back away from the soap box.

Thank You for your patience.

I don't shoot a lot, but have a lot too shoot! I've always try and help, even when help isn't asked for, but sometimes it's hard to get help when asked for? From posting on this forum there's been places to buy from google-fu doesn't come up with. Some have decent pricing and others are 2x as much as others (not counting buying off shelf). Primers are non-existent in my area from 100 miles out. Going to Dallas or OKC would be the better place to try and closest as OKC is 250 and Dallas is 350 miles away. I've done some trading, selling and out right give away reloading items at no cost (including shipping) to help others in need. For those who post places to buy is a help for sure!

I bought 2 bricks and found that the lip is flared out and bites into the side of the primer pocket as you're seating them. My simple solution (time consuming) was to take a piece of round stick plastic like the stuff they used in making model car parts, place it in my cordless drill chuck and trim the plastic down so it's about half the depth of the primer below the drill chuck end at roughly the diameter of a primer - this allows me to set the primer in the chuck about half way exposed without it falling in. Then lightly clamp down on the primer body to secure it, it should run true in the drill. I then took my wife's nail file, spin the drill and file down the outer edge of the primer, no more seating issues, they seat just fine and are working well in all my non-magnum rifles. If this was anymore fun I'd probably do it for a living...🙄

My reason for doing this was to ensure I wan't enlarging the primer pockets by forcing the primers to seat properly. I invest a good deal of time and effort into my brass and want to re-use it as often as I safely can.

Last edited:

Recent Posts