Large magnum rifle primers

As much as I'd like to see them choke on em , I don't have that option . Shooting 7mmRM it's impossible to find factory ammo worth shooting , thats how I started reloading . I was down to 500 primers and had to reload , pun intended , LOL
I understand completely , if I was in your situation I would be buying primers as well. I just have cut my shooting back probably 75% in the last two years not that that's a good thing. That's just how I am able to wait and hope the prices come down I'm not knocking anyone for buying what they need at any price .

Last edited:
@BPollard

"Midwest Powders" is another one of those scam sites. One way you tell is they push payment via Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal (you'll later find out it's friends & family) or crypto. The reason for this and not supporting credit card is because when they steal your money and don't ship you anything (or a box of rocks) is you have NO RECOURSE. Your bank won't help you.

And of course, having basically every primer known to man in stock, no hazmat fee, free shipping and below market rate prices...

Remember: If it's too good to be true, it probably is!

Large rifle standard CCI #200 available also. $95/1000:

We are getting them for cheaper than that here when available and I still give the local guys a bit of crap for putting them up at that price when the shotgun primers are 30% cheaper. I could see more expensive than years back, but it's pretty obvious they are playing around.
The only primers I've paid close to that for is just under 90 for 210m primers as I finally broke below a brick. That one hurt for a spell. It was an oversight on inventory and my kids shooting more that got me there.

I haven't seen a primer locally in over 2 years. And in talking to the owners of the local gun stores, they don't see it getting better anytime soon. If you need primers and can find one of the top 3 brands, I say get what you need. About the only other opinion is to stop shooting and that isn't on the table for me just quite yet. The prices do P&^% me off tho…

As much as I'd like to see them choke on em , I don't have that option . Shooting 7mmRM it's impossible to find factory ammo worth shooting , thats how I started reloading . I was down to 500 primers and had to reload , pun intended , LOL
Ever thought of cutting back?
Theres alot cheaper guns to shoot than a 7 mag.
Fiftydriver hit the nail squarely on the head, I said the same thing 1.5 years ago but as usual got roasted by a few claiming
" its the new normal" only because the willing people to pay the price is because the price is what it is.

for $95/1000, let them sit on the shelf. Only way to make them lower the price to a more realistic level. Just 2 years ago we were paying 1/3rd that price. Let them sit on the shelves and prices will come down. Keep panic buying everything up and it will never come down.
Amen Fifty Amen!

I haven't seen a primer locally in over 2 years. And in talking to the owners of the local gun stores, they don't see it getting better anytime soon. If you need primers and can find one of the top 3 brands, I say get what you need. About the only other opinion is to stop shooting and that isn't on the table for me just quite yet. The prices do P&^% me off tho…
Smaller shops are screwed right now. The distributers seem to not care about the lower volume guys. I have a scheels locally; they usually have at least something on the shelf. Runnings on the ma and pa places have been really dry on stuff.

Ever thought of cutting back?
Theres alot cheaper guns to shoot than a 7 mag.
Fiftydriver hit the nail squarely on the head, I said the same thing 1.5 years ago but as usual got roasted by a few claiming
" its the new normal" only because the willing people to pay the price is because the price is what it is.
Hmmm , you saying I should buy a new gun so the price of primers will come down so you can be ok with buying them again ?
Thank you , but NO !
Maybe I should ride a bicycle so the price of gas will go down ?
I have two guns for long range hunting , 7mmRM and a .280AI , that I want to get the most out of , so I reload and try different loads to see what my guns want to shoot .
Sure , I could shoot my AR , or my .22 , or my .243 if just shooting was the object , but it is not.
How about you worry about what you can't afford and I'll not try and tell you what to buy ?
When I have that one shot in a hunt that cost me close to $10,000 or more , the last thing I want to affect it is the $100 I didn't spend on primers .
Not trying to come across as a jerk , but wow , maybe it's time you took up Pickleball , it's free to play .