Lapua Scenars in 7mm for game

Punisher

Is anybody hunting with these Lapua Scenars?

hey are about the only company other than bereger who is making a high BC 180 grain bullet for the 7mm.

are they a huntable bullet?

I ordered these since Berger is not capable to meet the demands of their customers. I hex coated them and shot them out of my 28 Broughton barrel with RL33 and H1000. H1000 the best group and RL33 blazing speeds. 3050 and 3175. Accuracy was a little better than the LRAB 175. Shot into ballistic gel penetration was unstoppable due to they did not open. I retested by trimming back very little. .010. And the ballistic gel looked lie a grenade went off in it. Penetrated 28 inches. The LRAB penetrated 32 inches but did not destroy the gel as bad. I know everyone on this forum loves the Berger. I am thinking of switching if the lot I just have the nearly non existent hollow point.

I ordered these since Berger is not capable to meet the demands of their customers. I hex coated them and shot them out of my 28 Broughton barrel with RL33 and H1000. H1000 the best group and RL33 blazing speeds. 3050 and 3175. Accuracy was a little better than the LRAB 175. Shot into ballistic gel penetration was unstoppable due to they did not open. I retested by trimming back very little. .010. And the ballistic gel looked lie a grenade went off in it. Penetrated 28 inches. The LRAB penetrated 32 inches but did not destroy the gel as bad. I know everyone on this forum loves the Berger. I am thinking of switching if the lot I just have the nearly non existent hollow point.

So, you had to trim the nose of the bullet to get the Lapua scenars to open up? And you tested them at 100 yards?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.