Lapua l bullets

Sargesniper

Does anyone have any results with the 136 gr. LAPUA L Bullet? Have not read anything about them in a while. I see them on GUNBOT for about $39.00 per 100. Seems like they have come down in price from an earlier read on them. ANYONE? I want to try some in a .260.

I have just started playing with them in my 6.5 Creed'. Just started as in less than 10 down the bore; I have about 400 of them on hand so I intend to test them plenty :) They are a great looking bullet if that helps lol

t

I have just started playing with them in my 6.5 Creed'. Just started as in less than 10 down the bore; I have about 400 of them on hand so I intend to test them plenty :) They are a great looking bullet if that helps lol

t

Not much help so far but a start for sure. When you get your testing done I would be very interested in hearing from you. What is your Rifle, powder, primer, to start? I will be loading for a .260, so I should be able to have a ball park starting point using the same data, or close to it.
Thanks in advance. ...... LARRY

Larry,

Rifle is a factory Savage Mod 10 predator (ugly as sin). It has proven crazy accurate with factory Hornady Match ammo, prefering the 120 A-max to the 140's.

I'm runing Hornady Brass (imagine that) with a Fed 210M & Hodgdon Hybrid 100 V, I don't have my notes in front of me right now so I can't provide my powder charges. I'll try to remember to grab them when I get home.

t

Larry,

Rifle is a factory Savage Mod 10 predator (ugly as sin). It has proven crazy accurate with factory Hornady Match ammo, prefering the 120 A-max to the 140's.

I'm runing Hornady Brass (imagine that) with a Fed 210M & Hodgdon Hybrid 100 V, I don't have my notes in front of me right now so I can't provide my powder charges. I'll try to remember to grab them when I get home.

t

Thanks for the comeback man. I have a Mod. 12-F class. I know ugly when I see it also. Mine has a 30" bartlein on it. Most .26's shoot 120's better but mine shoots the 139 extremely well also
Do you remember what the price per 100 was? I see on GUNBOT where some one is selling for 39.00. Don't have 100 V but plenty H-4350 and H-4831sc on hand. If you chronograph your load it may help me get in the node.
I tried SUPERFORMANCE in my .260 and it shot well with the 120 A-MAX. Just something for you to think about in the future. Should work better in the CREED.

When I bought them from Midway in April of this year, I paid $48 per 100. I'd say $39 isn't a bad price :cool:

t

Just what I was thinking. Wish I knew how they will shoot. Hate to buy bulk and find they don't.
I would imagine load data for the 139's would work for starters. 46.0 gr. of H4831sc shoots 139's well in mine.

Just what I was thinking. Wish I knew how they will shoot. Hate to buy bulk and find they don't.
I would imagine load data for the 139's would work for starters. 46.0 gr. of H4831sc shoots 139's well in mine.

I see no reason that data wouldn't work. I do recall a thread on Snipers Hide where a very knowledgeable gentleman was testing the Scenar L before they hit the market. They proved extremely accurate out of his rifle (1/4moa or better). I believe it was a 260 Rem.

t

I shoot them out of a factory Tikka T3 Varmint in 6.5X55 swede, Lapua brass, H4831SC, Federal 210M. Shoots 1/2 moa or better depending on the driver of course, I like them better than the 139 grain Scenars and at least as well as the 142 Matrix which are (were) my favourite.

I also have 300 of the 180 grain 7mm Scenar L to try once my 284 winchester is finished. Hopefully before the new year but that is fast approaching and I still have an archery tag to punch out on.

There's a wealth of info on this bullet on the Hide. The only thing I don't like is the low bc for it. No one knows for sure what it is so far. Might have to wait a little longer and see what develops. Great read though. Most of those guys know their stuff it seems.

Mine is shooting the 139's very well and they seem to have an edge in the bc dept. I think I can get the 136's close to 3000 out of mine. A .260 with a 30" Bartlein with 8 1/2 twist. I have no problem getting 3100 out of the 123"s so I think my numbers would be close to if not over 3000. Thanks for the info. Very helpful. SARGESNIPER

I also have 300 of the 180 grain 7mm Scenar L to try once my 284 winchester is finished. Hopefully before the new year but that is fast approaching and I still have an archery tag to punch out on.

I was just looking at the 7mm 180 Scenar-L yesterday; I was thinking about trying them in my 7SAUM. .661 G1 isn't bad, about .018 behind the Berger Hybrid... I can live with that.

t

i have 4 260 rems and 5 6.5x47s,in various action/barrel combos. all my 260s love the 136Ls over-
varget and H4350! i shot lots of teens and .20s at 100 , and shot em out to 600 yds w/ great results.
the 6.5x47s are another story. the scalpel really likes em (it shoots anything great) the 2 PCRs like em too.but the Beanland ,not so much,funny same barrel twist ect. as scalpel . soo all in all the 136s
work great.....Dave

i have 4 260 rems and 5 6.5x47s,in various action/barrel combos. all my 260s love the 136Ls over-
varget and H4350! i shot lots of teens and .20s at 100 , and shot em out to 600 yds w/ great results.
the 6.5x47s are another story. the scalpel really likes em (it shoots anything great) the 2 PCRs like em too.but the Beanland ,not so much,funny same barrel twist ect. as scalpel . soo all in all the 136s
work great.....Dave

Thanks for the info. I just might have to give them a try. Mine likes the 123 and 139 so much that I was tempted to see what the 136 would do. Compared to the 139, what is the difference in drop at say, 300 yds ?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.