Cast Bullets for 6.5x47 Lapua

merbeau

Hi

I typically use cast bullets for fireform cases and the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook has a lot of information that I have used for my case forming.

There are cast bullet data for the 260 Remington and 6.5x55 Swede in the 4th edition but nothing for the 6.5x47 Lapua. I have a 6.5 Swede that I use the mid range for IMR 4227 which is 21.0 grains of powder. The range is 17 to 25 grains.

I will be starting to build a load for this rifle soon and have 140 grain bullet and for the 260 Remington and 6.5 Swede the common powder is RX7 and 5744. For each cartridge the maximum loads are the same and staring loads are similar but not exact.

Question is can either of these loads at the midrange be used for the Lapua? I checked on the Cast Boolit forum and there was a question concerning cast in the Lapua and no replies. I also check the web site Load data and found no recipes.

Thanks

Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.