Lands and grooves for .338 Win mag?

wildcat westerner

Hello, We are building a long range informal,target and hunting rifle utilizing a Pence made 33 inch barrel a full 1 1/2"in diameter. I ordered a tight neck , no turn reamer. It arrived witha standard .330 pilot. The land/groove measurement in this barrel is .328. While using a .327 pilot bearing would allow chambering this barrel. I am seeking sound gunsmithing advice as to what a .002 narrower land/ groove measurement would do to pressures with a case with over 70 grains of capacity. I have a large amount of .338 bullets for powder testing (8 powders) with this long barrel, but do not want to find out the "hard way" as to the practical limits of this barrel to be.
The gunsmith, obviously, does not want to crate anything dangerous. We have a Harrel brake of this diameter, a lengthened prone stock, a Stolle tactical action and a large amount of reloading components so we can discover what the true potential of this rifle will be . Still, this is a challenge I have never encountered before.

WW