killer instinct 415

A friend of mine sells lots of crossbows. I assemble them and test. I have a z355 and love it. He shoots a 380 I think, and it is a smooth runner too. The 400+Fps bows can be hit and miss with limbs cracking. Have not seen any limb failures on killer instinct, but have seen some on barnett.

Seems like everyone who buys a bow from him is worried about speed because that's what is advertised. Killer instinct bows are pretty nice compared to other brands. They are affordable, decent quality, and they just plain shoot. Mine will robinhood arrows almost every time if I shoot at the same target. My friend's will do the same. I have a dime sized hole in the center bull, because that's where the arrow always goes. It's good enough that I take head shots if they are available.

I think you will be fine with a 415, but I would use a heavier head or arrow to make better use of the power. It will be quieter and smoother.

I just want to add that with a 350-380 fps bow, it is possible to draw by hand. Mine is 185 lb draw, so I can draw by hand for a follow up shot and save time/noise by not digging for my rope cocker.

I like the rope cockers better than the cranks. Shorten the rope so it will just reach the string. You don't have to pull it up as high and it will be much easier.

I would caution drawing a crossbow by hand. You can easily damage the nerves in fingers from the extreme compression caused by high poundage crossbows. Does not take much to cause this damage. Using the rope cockers is there for multiple reasons. Better string alignment to nock for straighter nock travel = accuracy as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.