Kestrel Windmeter?

Troy

I am looking for a Kestrel windmeter that will measure all atmospheric conditions that affect a bullet's flight path so that I can plug the values into Exbal for a Pocket PC. I was looking at the Kestrel 2500 model. Basically, I want to spend as little as possible to get the features I need.

This is the one I use:

4bi6p8m.jpg

It's a Skymaster SM-28 Much less expensive and it has it all!

Doing a search I found THIS SITE
The only thing this one does not have is Humidity readings, but I like it a bunch because it will give you all else in a very small package. This one is always on, if you keep it in the right setting that saves battery, it'll run for a full year on a single battery. That's awesome. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2500 is what I have. Works great. The only thing it doesn't measure is the humidity. Most of the time a guy can guess that pretty close anyway though.

Dan B,
Sorry my friend, I went check it out for you they went back up to $99.95. Sorry! I'll have to call my hunting buddy and tell him not to go by after work because of the price change. Still $99.95 is not a bad price!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.