Kestrel 2500 vs 3500

feelinducky

I'm looking at buying a Kestrel and am torn between the 2500 or 3500. According to the comparison chart the only difference is:
1-relative humidity
2-Heat stress index
3-Dew point
4-Wet bulb temperature

Is it worth the$50 to get the 3500?

I'm slowly getting into the longer range shooting and would only like to purchase 1 Kestrel.
Thanks for your help.

I found my self with the same question several years ago and went with the 2500. The humidity difference does not affect the ballistics here in Oregon or any where else that I shoot at to spend the extra money. Run the numbers and decide for yourself.

I'm looking at buying a Kestrel and am torn between the 2500 or 3500. According to the comparison chart the only difference is:
1-relative humidity
2-Heat stress index
3-Dew point
4-Wet bulb temperature

Is it worth the$50 to get the 3500?

I'm slowly getting into the longer range shooting and would only like to purchase 1 Kestrel.
Thanks for your help.

Resurrecting this thread! Can some explain or comment on these 4 differences? What part to they play on ballistics and shooting? Thank you !

I ordered Kestrel 2500. It is all I need to fill out the data to the ballistic program.

To me, the most important is:
Temp
Relative Humidity
Attitude

Other info may have little impact under 1,000 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts