Kestrel 2500 "Station Pressure"

Wachsmann

Just got my new Kestrel 2500 today. If I'm understanding correctly from reading the information in the owners manual I do not need to do anything or set the altitude correction to 0 feet to read station pressure or absolute pressure on the meter. If I put in a correct altitude then the meter will be calibrated for barometric pressure for my area and will ready closely to what the weather stations report. I'm going to use this with the app "shooter" on my phone. I think this is the correct way to do this and just use absolute pressure on the shooter app. Am I on the right track? thanks...

Yes, don't touch it! You want station pressure and after you play with it it's hard to get it reset. The 4000 and above let you return to factory settings but not the 2500. With the 2500 you will completely ignore the altitude info, it doesn't matter to us shooters. We want station baro pressure. So your altitude will almost always be wrong and that's ok, I don't even look at it anymore on mine

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts