Kentucky Derby

Laguna Freak

I haven't been a horse race fan for decades. So, I know nothing about the horses that ran this year's race.

But I have some "horse sense" from many years on the backs of horses and a handful of experiences being pitched off the backs of ornery horses.

So, I'm curious if any one else saw the race today and if so, what did you think of the head / body language of the 2nd place horse that lost by a length?

I'm also curious if the 1st and 2nd place horses have the same owner.

Anyone?

Well, they dont have the same owner and Tiz the law was the heavy favorite = low betting payout.

To me that explains why Tiz the law's body looked to me like he wanted to run over Authentic but his head was high and shying away from Authentic's right hind as they were coming down the back stretch. I was yelling at the tv in the bar patio for the jockey to let him have his head! I ain't an expert but if I was betting and getting an honest answer, I'd bet Tiz the law's jockey was tensioning the right reign and tapping his nose with the crop so Sackatoga Stable owners could win some big bets. Its a money game = crooked as a dog's hind leg. Which is why I ditched wasting time on horse racing decades ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts