Kansas Blackpowder 2023

BenelliHunter

We had another super fun hunt in Kansas this year. I always take the wife and kids. This year we took 4 days getting there so we could tour the St Louis Arch, Arrowhead Stadium, Bass Pro (of course) and an obligatory Dave and Busters.

We hunted a full week seeing 150" plus deer daily. The stud I tagged out on we actually passed on twice in the milo as he was not impressive in the milo. Once he stepped out- he was a true stud.

This is my 6th year straight tagging out in Kansas so I have truly been blessed. This is my 3rd 170+ in 4 years. None of this would have been possible without my beloved McWhorter 45 XML. It is 27 for 28 with never a deer lost and shots ranging for 147-712 yards. This brute was 358 yards off shooting sticks in a 20' ladder stand.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0886.jpeg
    IMG_0886.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0862.jpeg
    IMG_0862.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 86
We had another super fun hunt in Kansas this year. I always take the wife and kids. This year we took 4 days getting there so we could tour the St Louis Arch, Arrowhead Stadium, Bass Pro (of course) and an obligatory Dave and Busters.

We hunted a full week seeing 150" plus deer daily. The stud I tagged out on we actually passed on twice in the milo as he was not impressive in the milo. Once he stepped out- he was a true stud.

This is my 6th year straight tagging out in Kansas so I have truly been blessed. This is my 3rd 170+ in 4 years. None of this would have been possible without my beloved McWhorter 45 XML. It is 27 for 28 with never a deer lost and shots ranging for 147-712 yards. This brute was 358 yards off shooting sticks in a 20' ladder stand.
Great buck!

What were the temps like?...

I early muzzle loader hunted there many years ago, and it was in the mid 90's and humid, for most of the time...hot