just finished a sweet rifle..with pix

308 nate

Just finished this one for a friend and he asked me to post some pix.
here are the specs.
Phoenix machine receiver
PTG bolt tigged on handle, coned bolt face
Brux 8.6 twist 28" Palma contour with interrupted fluting by Brux.
"V" port muzzle brake by SSG
Seekins 20MOA base
Nightforce rings and defense Edge cosign/anti-cant.
NightForce 5.5-22x56 NPR2
Jewel trigger set @1lb.
Pillar and epoxy bed
McMillan A5, fully adjustable black and white.
accelerated firing pin by PTG
chambered in 7MMWSM with 200 free bore
Ran a few test rounds through her tonight...I think she's gonna be a tack driver. Put three shots under 1/4" center to center. with the 4th shot being a flier that opened it up to a 1/2". I had a headache and my pulse was bad tonight so it was moving me pretty bad. Hope you enjoy.

308Nate

brentsgun6.jpg

Brentsrifle1.jpg

brents8.jpg

brentsgun7.jpg

brentsgun2.jpg

Last edited:
I've said it before, and I'll tell anyone who asks, you really don't do bad work for a little handycapped kid!!

She's a looker.

Only guy I know who feels it's necessary to offer an explanation for the sorry 1/2 minute group!

Shot without a rear bag in a seven mph wind I'll bet.

Is it wrong to want a framed picture of your rifle next to the family portrait? Nate you out did yourself.

Brent

Great looking rifle. I like how the recoil lug is tied into the rail, and those staggered fluted barrels are awesome.

My day started at around sunup trying to beat the 20-30mph winds that were forecasted for today. I didn't, with a 10-15mph cross wind at 3 O'clock I decided to start my break in process with my new 7wsm.

006-1.jpg

I chose 168bergers to start with and this is what I walked up to.
007-1.jpg

I think Nate is right this is going to be a unbelieveable shooter. With no load development at all this really pleases me. Just under 1moa pleases me in the variable wind I was shooting in also.

Brent

Last edited:
Well with a long weekend I finally had time to get the honey do list done and go out and shoot a little this morning. The conditions were near perfect with almost no wind and a temp of 57 degrees. I printed the targets off the web so they tore rather easily. I taped the target to try to show the holes and only could find two distinct holes. I outlined the rips in the paper to show how big of a hole it was. I was shooting off a bi-pod with a podloc and rear bags from a bench at 200yds. I went to a local range because we had rain last night and didn't want to tearup the land I shoot on.

200yds.
69 r22
168berger
fed mag match primer
022.jpg

.68 from the bottom of the one hole to the bottom of the other. The maximum the group could have been is 1inch unless I missed the target totally. I am not exactly positive where the third shot struck. This was my 10th-12th shot out of a clean barrel. I wish I would have had a better target along to get a more exact group size.

Brent

It's close, but no it doesn't touch. We used low NF rings. I like being as low as possible. It is close enough I can't get the scope covers on. My thinking the lower I am the more stabile I will be. I am sure it is all in my mind though.

Brent

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.