JLK VLDs on game

Siso

From what I heard the Berger VLDs can preform pretty well on game. But what about the JLK VLDs? I believe they both use the J4 jacket, and they're VLDs so terminal performance shouldn't be too different? Any body use the JLKs on deer?

I used some 6.5 130 JLK's from my 6.5-284 to take 2 doe antalope, one at 507 and the other at 537yds. They work very well they exited with a golf ball size hole through the ribs. The other 2 I used 139 senars and the work well the one was a head shot at 180yds she only went straight down. The other ran about 50yds and gave up with a lung shot.:cool:

Last edited:
I used a .308 190gr JLK on a deer at 650 yards. Impact velocity was about 2200fps. The deer was laying down. Shot placement was a perfect double lung without ruining any shoulder meat. Upon Impact it stood up and then tipped over. Exit hole was about 1.5 inch.

i sent jlk an e mail aksing is very question and they told me that they will perform as well as a berger on game if not better.

Of course they would tell you that:D

I am ordering some 7mm 168 and 180s in the morning!!! Cant wait to try em in my 7WSM!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.