225 eldm on game?

yes….Don't use it. absolutely no penetration. Speaking from experience on elk. Not a hunting bullet.
At what range? At 400 yds on elk both were found in off side of the hide. Have killed deer from 50yds to 1400yds and everyone were pass through drts.
That being said its a tipped lead core. Tips promote expansion. Therefore at close range I wouldn't aim at a big bone on an elk. Just behind the shoulder for sure. Any bullet will do the job assuming shooter knows were the best placement and range is for the givin bullet hes using is.

At what range? At 400 yds on elk both were found in off side of the hide. Have killed deer from 50yds to 1400yds and everyone were pass through drts.
That being said its a tipped lead core. Tips promote expansion. Therefore at close range I wouldn't aim at a big bone on an elk. Just behind the shoulder for sure. Any bullet will do the job assuming shooter knows were the best placement and range is for the givin bullet hes using is.
thanks for your input;however I'll use something other than eldm. Bullet placement is very important, but when that doesn't work it's time to go a different direction. That's been my experience

Recent Posts