James goes over barrel length and velocity for hunting long range with a 7 PRC

Thank you James!

James, for me, I am some what sensitive to concussion. There seems to be one heck of a lot more concussion at 22 vs 26 with the brake I am using.

I know you directed your comment at James, but yes, shortening the barrel will leave you with more muzzle blast in the larger chamberings. This is why suppressors are so great. They will remove that muzzle blast. I use a 21" 300 WM and with a suppressor, there is virtually no muzzle blast, even with "hot" loads.

If you are sensitive to concussion, I highly recommend getting one (or more) suppressors. They are not the magic that some claim, but they make heavier recoiling and high muzzle blast rifles much more enjoyable to shoot.

I really wish he would have tried to cut it to 18'' and test it shorter that 20 but I guess that's just me

Thanks for the education.
I'm new to shooting, and have lots to learn
In some ways maybe ignorance is a bliss, as I wouldn't know if what I buy is really good or not.

Recently bought myself a Christensen Ridgeline 7mm PRC, and 10 boxes of Hornady 175 grain ELD-X ammunition.
Still haven't chosen a scope.
Put 3 boxes of ammo through it for a break in that the store recommended.

Maybe its not a great rifle, or ammo, but should be good enough for me.
I need to choose a scope soon, and sight it in.

Interesting reading on this forum, and this thread.

In some ways maybe ignorance is a bliss, as I wouldn't know if what I buy is really good or not.

Recently bought myself a Christensen Ridgeline 7mm PRC, and 10 boxes of Hornady 175 grain ELD-X ammunition.

Welcome from North Carolina and enjoy the adventure.

Welcome
Let me know if you have questions on scopes

Might have time for that
I would really appreciate it. Loved your video and my goal is to be lethal out to 700 yards just want to make sure an 18'' will get me there. I know a lot more goes into it. I plan to reload solid copper bullets and may end up going a little lighter with the reloads to get the performance I'm looking for. Thank you so much for all of your videos I just watched a lot of them.

Recent Posts