It's all your fault!

74honker

New member here. First time poster Long time reader. I hail from the west central part of the edited state of IL which anyone that knows anything about my state knows what I mean lol. I've been handloading for about 5yrs and new to the long-range stuff. My good friend and mentor told me it was a disease and he was right. This site is like medicine for my brain. I want to thank many of you ahead of time for all the info and insight you have given me on many issues when you didn't even know you were. I also want to apologize ahead of time if I do something wrong or put something in the wrong place on this site. I'm not the most computer savvy person and this is literally the first time I've joined a forum or site. I don't even do social media so if I do the wrong thing it's just ignorance lol. With all the "freetime" lately this site has been a great way to pass time and learn a lot at the same time.
Thanks again, 74honker

Last edited by a moderator:
Grew up doing mainly shotgun sports/hunting. Started reloading for 556 and 9mm. Have always been interested in the fine art of long-range stuff and starting with a Rem 700 in 7mmRM. Hardly anything in this state to hunt with a rifle so mainly just targets and the occasional varmint now. Hopefully one day be able to run the western states.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I sure hope someday to get that direction for sure. It'll take awhile to save that many pennies lol.

Thanks for the invite Terry. WI is about a 5hr drive from here but I do hunt the NW suburb area "Chicago" for geese a lot during the winter. Would love to just watch and learn at a place like that for sure.

Thanks YZ-80. Been to MD once believe it or not. Easton area, beautiful state. Like I said in my opener, many of you have helped me already and never knew it. This is a great site for those who truly need/want to learn.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.