It's all about shot placement.

Ohlongarm

Took this 50 lb Ohio brush wolf,75 yards ,Tikka 22 long rifle perfect head shot at 75 yards,left side ,Winchester 42 grain subsonic.
big dog.jpg

Good job and great shot! The .22 LR, is a great tool in the hands of a dedicated rifleman, short or long range. I, as probably a lot of other forum members, started my LR addiction with a .22.
I see you're relatively new here, so welcome aboard!

You have a picture with the scale reading 50#???

No I don't I use a hanging scale in my barn,northeastern Ohio has big coyotes ,dna testing shows timber wolf infusion,this happened when Lake Erie has frozen and wolves migrated across the ice.More pictures will show the size of these Eastern brush wolves.

Took this 50 lb Ohio brush wolf,75 yards ,Tikka 22 long rifle perfect head shot at 75 yards,left side ,Winchester 42 grain subsonic.View attachment 161211

Another example of shot placement ,for good shot placement one must know where their
coy7.jpg
hole in head.jpg
equipment shoots ,examples show below on three different calibers. Check this out coyote in top picture was taken with my Tikka T1X 22 stoked with CCI velocitor,at 75 yards taken between the eyes.Notice no blood,second picture I shaved his head because I knew he was hit where I shot,note the tiny hole,DRT. Tikka 50 yard group,next group 204 at 100yds.22 Hornet at 100 yards next target. Next Ruger 77/22 with integral suppressor at 50 yards with subsonic.Bear in mind all targets were shot under ideal benched down condition,when your equipment is on the money most shots will be also.
sup.jpg

test target2.jpg

Attachments

• test target.jpg
    test target.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 215
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.